unemployment insurance (ui) is a program that gives financial support to employees who are unable to work on their jobs through no fault of their own.
- you may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. check your eligibility.
unemployment benefits provide 60% of average wages, with a maximum of $713 per week.
- please note: this process is not managed by montclair state university, you must follow the procedures specified on the unemployment website or contact an unemployment customer service representative at 609-292-7060.
- please be sure to provide the following information on your application:
- employer id (fein) #: 022248181800000 (state of new jersey)
- payroll/ location #: 4140000
- complete name and address of employer
- employer’s telephone number
- your occupation with that employer
- beginning and ending dates of employment
- reason for separation – furloughed due to covid -19
- to reopen your initial unemployment claim, you may do so by logging into your account online or by calling the unemployment office. for more information, please visit //www.myunemployment.nj.
there is no need to contact hr benefits for your unemployment data, employer data is transmitted electronically to the nj department of labor on behalf of the claimant.